To upload assets, the assets require containing folders. You can use asset folders to run batch CMS operations on and organize descendant assets.
Important: Do not include the following characters in folder, page, component, or asset names: commas (,), forward slashes (/), backslashes (\), question marks (?), exclamation marks (!), at symbols (@), pound signs (#), dollar signs ($), percent signs (%), carets (^), ampersands (&), asterisks (*), semicolons (;), single quotation marks ('), and double quotation marks (").
To create a new assets folder:
- Navigate to Assets by clicking Assets in the top utility bar.
- If the assets tree isn't visible, click the Asset Tree Navigation button in the left utility bar.
- Expand and navigate to the folder in the Assets Tree that will contain the new folder.
- Click the Create New Folder button.
The Create a new Asset Folder dialog box displays.
- Enter the name of the new folder in the Folder name field.
- Click the Create Asset Folder button. The new folder displays in the Assets Folder tab.