Inserting an asset allows you to insert a direct link to a document or image asset. This method however is commonly used to insert a link to a document.
PLEASE NOTE: if inserting a link to an image asset, when the link is clicked, the image asset will display in the browser window. This process is not the same as inserting an image, and it will not display the asset in the body copy of your page.
To insert an asset link to a document or image:
- highlight the desired text or phrase in your copy, and click on the Insert/edit link button.
- In the Link To area, select the 'Asset' option, and then click on the Browse button.
- The Select an Asset dialog box will appear, and you would navigate to your respective asset location, whether it is located in Documents folder or in the Images folder. Click on your asset (in this example we will use the sample.pdf file), and click the Select button.
- Once your file has been selected, you will be returned to the Insert/edit Link dialog box, where you will see your asset's unique Asset ID number (a/XXXX) in the Asset field.
⭐ Pro-Tip: when linking to a document asset (or external website link), use the 'Open in new window/frame' option, so that the user will not lose the link to your page.
Target field options:
- Open in this window/frame - opens asset in the same window/tab. This will replace the page's content the user was on.
- Open in new window/frame - opens asset in a new window/tab. Original page will remain open in the another window/tab.
- ❗REQUIRED❗ While this field are not marked as required, for ADA/508 compliancy, we do require that you enter a short description of your asset in the Title field. Users with disabilities may utilize a screen reader in order to review your page's content. Please keep this in mind as you work with your site's content.
You may view our web accessibility statement outlining our commitment to ADA compliancy.
- Click the Select button to insert the link to your asset.