Our new platform will provide an array of benefits to our users. Start getting to know some of the features of our new University Events System below!
1. Easy Login: Login to submit your events and manage your account!
Visit https://events.morgan.edu and click the Login button (using your MSU credentials).
2. User Accounts: My Plans and Profile
After users have logged in, they will see their profile icon and Submit an event at the top right of the calendar homepage.
Hovering over your Profile icon will display a dropdown menu with links to various pieces of a user's account.
Home: Shows details of your activity feed that include notifications, events organizing, and any pending events.
My Calendar: Shows a list of events you have submitted, whether pending or approved.
Messages: If a user has corresponded with another user, this is where the messages will be displayed.
Following: Shows details about any people, places, or groups that you follow.
Account Settings: Profile and privacy preferences.
Communications: Options to adjust your notification settings & email reminders, as well as the ability to build out your own digest to receive a weekly email of upcoming events based on your interests.
3. Event Submissions
- Save Time: Adding an event takes less than two minutes and once approved, it’s on the calendar. If the event location changes, you (the event creator) can always access and edit the form directly from the event pages.
- Evergreen Data: Once an event is on the calendar it’s there in good times and bad, because we will never purge calendar content.
4. Landing Pages
- Event Landing Pages: This gives departments/schools/organizations their own corner of the event calendar to add photos, a description, a list upcoming and past events, and social media links, so it has all the content that user’s need, in one place.
5. I’m Interested
- Event organizers: can see the amount of interest in an upcoming event for planning purposes and to influence future events based on what users enjoyed.
- Users: Find it helpful to see what events their friends are going to on campus or around the community. The user community is social, so they want to see what others are doing. When they click “I’m interested”, a big plus is that they get a reminder the day before and are prompted to give feedback after the event. This way they won’t miss an event because they forgot to add it to their calendar.
6. Easy Navigation
- Easily navigate our calendar by filtering/browsing by date, experience (in person or virtual), event type, audience, or topic.
- This is a great way to automatically display event descriptions, locations, dates, times and an event photo. This widget can be used your website. Using the widget on external sites enables users to discover events passively in their own time and on their own path, if they are not actively looking for events. You can create your own widgets today!
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article