The Morgan State University Web Content Management System (CMS) provides the tools needed to create, update, publish, and manage your web pages on the Morgan State University website. Once logged in, the CMS displays all options and commands available in the CMS or a predefined subset of options. The options and commands displayed depend on the permissions that have been set for the user.
The CMS Client works on both PC and Mac operating systems and runs on Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Apple Safari.
- Open a web browser.
- Navigate to the URL: cmsweb.morgan.edu.
- At the login screen, click Login.
- When the Morgan login screen appears, enter your MSU Username (not email address) & Password.
- Click Sign In.
Application Navigation Bar
The application navigation bar provides a central jumping-off point to each major area of CMS v10. Additionally, users have readily-available access to Go to searches, profile configuration features, and help.
The main navigation contains links to the five major sections of the application: Dashboard, Site, Assets, Administration, and Apps. User permissions manage who can access and perform tasks in each area.
- Dashboard: Collection of tools that facilitate content contribution and management.
- Site: Pages and components that make up the architecture of the content managed by the CMS.
- Assets: Physical image & document files, such as JPGs and PDFs, which are used within your page's content.
- Administration: Area where you can perform search functions and monitor your publishing to the live website, once you've advanced your content through workflow.
The ancillary navigation contains links to Go To, Profile options, and Help sections of the CMS application.
- Go To
Clicking the magnifying glass icon opens the Go to field, which allows you to quickly jump to a piece of content. In previous versions, this would only find content that was in the Site Tree.
To perform a search, start typing the name of the piece of content you want to locate and select the item from the list. You will then be taken to that piece of content in the appropriate tree. You can also search by xID to quickly jump to one exact content item. Keep in mind that this is a search for ID and Name values only. It does not search the rest of the content of an item.
- Profile Options
Edit your Profile, Change Language, and Sign Out options are in a drop-down menu under the profile icon on the application navigation bar.
- Edit your Profile: Allows you to include information about yourself, which others working in the CMS can view. Also, you can personalize notification sounds and Dashboard features.
- Change Language: Allows you to change from the default language to another one.
- Sign Out: Allows you to log out of the CMS.
Quick Content Widgets
The widgets on the second row of the Dashboard provide quick access to different types of content.
Create New: Provides quick access to create content items using Page Creation Rules (PCRs).
Assignments: Provides quick access to a user's page assignments.
Assets: Provides quick access to Assets.
Favorites: Provides quick access to specific items (e.g., pages, components, folders, and assets).
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article